Thermal Transfer Labels

Thermal Transfer Labels uses a ribbon to transfer an image onto labels made of paper or synthetic materials. These labels are suitable for use both indoors and outdoors and have a medium to long lifespan. Thermal Transfer Labels necessitate the use of a Ribbon.

Thermal Transfer (TT) printing works by transferring ink from a ribbon to the label material using a heat-sensitive carbon ribbon. Thermal transfer labels have a longer shelf life and are more scratch and abrasion resistant. A thermal ribbon is also required for printing. Thermal transfer printing can be used with desktop and industrial printers. Desktop printers use 1″ core label rolls or fanfold style labels.

Industrial printers use 3″ core roll or fanfold labels. Some of the most popular industrial printers include: Zebra, Datamax, TSC, Honeywell, and Citizen. These printers have a durable design for use in demanding environments where they are capable of printing large volumes of labels at a time.
We carry various label sizes in different materials and colors to ensure you are choosing the best label for your application. This includes both 4″ and 5″ outer diameter (OD) rolls for desktop printers and 8″ to 12″ outer diameter which is used for print and apply machines.

You might be asking what the difference is between a direct thermal and a thermal transfer printer if you’re deciding between the two. Here are some quick information about each printer type that will quickly turn you into a roll label pro.

Thermal Transfer Printers 

  • Printing requires a thermal transfer ribbon
  • With the addition of a colored ribbon, it is possible to print in color.
  • Chemicals and severe temperatures don’t bother it.

Direct Thermal Printers

  • There is no need for ink, toner, or ribbons.
  • It’s only possible to print in black and white.
  • Aren’t suggested for use with a lot of contact.
error: Content is protected !!
💬 Need help?
Scan the code